“Pain Matters” will air on the Discovery Channel Saturday, Nov. 16, Dec. 7 and Dec. 14 at 8 a.m. It is also available online at http://www.PainMattersFilm.com.
Discovery Channel Saturday, Nov. 16, Dec. 7 and Dec. 14 at 8 a.m. This looks like the publicity we pain patients have been looking for:
The film features a range of stories of people living with chronic pain including a U.S. Navy veteran and a two-time Stanley Cup-winning hockey player.
“Pain Matters” chronicles their individual challenges in managing their condition, including validation of their pain due to the difficulty in objectively measuring it and working with healthcare professionalsto develop an individualized treatment plan.
Several key facets of pain management are thus covered:
- individual challenges (pain is personal)
- managing their condition (an ongoing effort)
- validation of their pain (patients words must be believed)
- difficulty in objectively measuring it (cannot be physically determined)
- working with healthcare professionals (requires a…
View original post 593 more words