I would like to thank my friend and fellow blogger, Dawn Hosking, for bestowing the honor of this award upon me. It is just the boost I needed to get back into writing again. I was absent for a few days due to a horrific outbreak of a total of 72 tornadoes spawned from a massive storm system that moved across the midwest, doing damage to several towns in the area, but absolutely devastating a little town near me that is very close to my heart. I have not been in the writing mood since it happened, but I’ve been missing my blog, so thank you Dawn, for providing the “nudge” I needed to come back and begin to get back in the groove.
Dawn’s blog is extremely unique, she has a her own way of looking at the world and of expressing herself. I highly recommend visiting her blog soon, you may see a haiku, a piece of short fiction, or read about her ongoing struggle as she fights chronic pain on a daily basis. You can find her blog HERE.
Anyway, on to the award….
The philosophy of the award is: The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly”.
There are some rules that one must follow in order to fully accept the award and they are as follows:
1. Firstly, display the Award on your site (see Award page or sidebar!) You earned it and you deserve it!
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your acceptance post;
3. List 7 interesting facts about yourself;
4. Nominate 15 well deserving bloggers for the Award and let them know the wonderful news by sending them a message on their site.
Seven Interesting Facts About Me, Julie
1) I quit smoking 16 years ago, after a 2-pack-a-day habit for over 20+ years. My sense of smell is so good now, I’m like a police dog!!! 😀
2) I have very bad short term memory loss from fibromyalgia, yet I can remember all the lyrics to many rock songs from when I listened to them as a teenager. I listened to those songs A LOT.
3) My maiden name and my married name are the same. Yes…my husband’s name is Nichols and my maiden name was Nichols. It confuses people. (we are not cousins LOL)
4) Many times, I stay up all night reading, if the book is really good. I can always sleep later. I can go on an incredibly few hours of sleep if I have to.
5) I cannot stop myself from singing aloud to rock and roll songs on the radio in my car. Even though I know my husband probably can’t stand it, I really can’t help myself. Also love to play air guitar (not while I’m driving, of course LOL) I love music and have to participate. 😀 (Yes I am a 58 year old woman hahahahaha)
6) I have spoiled my two cats so rotten that they now rule our lives. We are at their beck and call. Whatever the little darlings want, they get. (because if they don’t get what they want they will meow & meow, driving us nuts until they do) They wear us out with their unreasonable demands. But we love them like crazy.
7) I lost 60 lbs a few years ago and have kept it off, give or take a few lbs. by cutting way back on carbs and sugar after I got diagnosed with diabetes. No exercise was involved. The weight just fell off me. But I hit a plateau and have not been able to lose any more weight. Still proud that I managed to lose 60!!
My Nominees Are:
Congratulations to the nominees and thank you all for following my blog!